The Visual Math Institute
Global Climate Change Modeling and Simulation
The case against the climate catastrophe prediction
As part of our review of the Daisy World models of James Lovelock
and co-workers, we collect here some remarks on the limitations
of the predictive value of mathematical models and computer
by Ralph Abraham
Many thanks to Marvin Greenberg for these links.
And many thanks to Bruce Stewart for these links.
Bjorn Lomborg, Wall Street Journal, November 7, 2006.
- Critique of UN Climate Panel report, Nicholas Stern's review, and the UK government
- Mario Lewis, CEI, March 16, 2007
- Critique of Al Gore's movie
Freeman Dyson, TCS Daily, April 10, 2007.
- Critique of climate models
The case against Al Gore, The New Party, 2007.
- Nine inaccuracies
Freeman Dyson, The Edge, August 9, 2007
- More climate heresies
London Telegraph, September 9, 2007
- John Coleman calls global warming a scam
John Christy, IPCC, Wall Street Journal, November 1, 2007
- A skeptic within the IPCC
US Senate Report,Debunks Consensus, December 20, 2007.
- 400 scientists disagree with the IPCC
Alexander Cockburn, The Nation, June 27, 2007.
- Oops, this page has vanished
- David Whitehouse,
UK Met Office, January 3, 2008
- Critique of the UK Met Office report
G. V. Chilingar, L. F. Khilyuk, O. G. Sorokhtin
- Cooling of Atmosphere Due to CO2 Emission
- Energy Sources/A, January 2008 (requires subscription)
Phi Brennan, NewsMax, February 19, 2008
- Suddenly the ice has returned
Daily Tech, March 6, 2008
- Zagoni says the greenhouse equations are totally wrong (Ferenc Miskolczi has corrected the error)
Christopher Booker, London Telegraph, March 9, 2008
- Climate is now cooling
Charles Clover, London Telegraph, April 30, 2008
- Warming will stop until 2015
- Warmer or Cooler? Report on a new model from the Leibniz Institute of Marine Science
- NASA (warmer) vs three others (cooler since 1998)
Marc Sheppard, American Thinker, May 15, 2008
- Report on the 2008 conference of climate skeptics
- Michael Asher
- Science Blog, Daily Tech, July 16, 2008
- IPCC taken to task by Lord Monkton
Anastasios Tsonis, Univ, of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, March 15, 2009
- Chaos theory supports a cooling regime since 2001
Marc Sheppard, American Thinker, March 15, 2009
- Oregon Petition against the IPCC, signed by 31,00 scientists
- "...over 800 scientists, economists, and policy makers arrived in New York City last Sunday to attend the Heartland Institute’s 2nd Annual International Conference on Climate Change."
- Concensus: there is NO CRISIS
Paul Sheehan, The Sydney Morning Herald, April 13 2009
- Book review of the about-to-appear Heaven and Earth
by Ian Plimer
- NB: This book, now available, obsoletes most of the references above
James Dellingpole, The Spectator, July 8, 2009
- Interview with Professor Plimer
Revised 01 August 2009 by Ralph